BEBOP – HOW TO IN 6 EASY STEPS
HOW TO USE BEBOP CHROMATIC SURROUNDING NOTES
Link to video: https://youtu.be/qFmIm_nZHco
Getting into improvisation and approaching jazz improvisation is completely linked to playing bebop.
There is no way around it.
It sounds really great
As saxophone players we must have some knowledge of how the bebop language is put together and how we can apply this into our own playing.
Bebop is where all modern jazz improvisation started.
In this tutorial
- Why is Bebop so important to modern jazz improvisation?
- What are chromatic surrounding notes?
- Build licks and lines using chromatic surrounding notes
- How do you practice chromatic surrounding notes the best?
- Apply chromatic surrounding notes into your own playing
- Show, play and analyse two licks using chromatic surrounding notes
Get the full transcription of the lesson:
Get all lesson and practice PDF’s on my patreon – more value.
“Bebop practice manual – chromatic surrounding notes – exercises and licks”